Friday, February 15, 2008

Where I'm From

Where I'm From
I am from a loving home bubbling with happiness.
I am from the pansies my Momma planted with tender care and the tall oak trees that protect our home.
I am from hearty laughs shared at the dinner table and fun times spent playing board games.
I am from the Conrad Brown and Dewey Hobson family.
I am from the strong-willed, kind-hearted, and the joyful.
From being Daddy's princess and Momma's sweetheart.
I am made beautiful and wonderful by a God who loves all with a love that is unfailing and everlasting.
I am from the truth that all are invited to share in a relationship with God through accepting his son, Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for all, bearing our sins.
I am from Yadkin County, green beans and tomato sandwiches.
From the grandfather who worked hard to raise his family on a farm, from the grandfather who fought in WWII, from a loving father who would sacrifice his life for his family and the God he loves.
Beside the piano are photo albums spanning through the years. From special birthdays to memorable vacations, from a young boy named Nathan with a love for adventure to a grown man on his wedding day, from a chubby baby girl with a grand smile to a young woman filled with a love for life, from a sweet baby boy named Lucas who loved lizards to a young man filled with a passion for love and laughter, from parents who have sacrificed so much for the sake of their family. This is where I'm from.

No comments: