Saturday, April 5, 2008

Informational Texts

Growing up, my little brother and I always loved animals! We absolutely loved spending time together looking at informational books that taught us all kinds of interesting facts about animals. I remember enjoying looking at the photographs of the different animals. My brother and I spent many hours pouring over Zoobooks! Therefore, I have a very positive look on informational texts. I believe that they are a great way to teach and introduce children to many different kinds of information. For example, my preschool friend who is four years old greatly enjoys learning about dinosaurs. She always has a new informational text about dinosaurs and she willingly shares with me the new information that she has learned! At four years old, she knows all the different names of the dinosaurs in her book and what they eat. She is amazing! Children enjoy learning and informational texts provide a visual as students learn new facts.

No comments: